Sherman Ave Elementary Parent Compact
Mission Statement: We are committed to encouraging high expectations for success, respecting the individual needs of our children, embracing diversity, fostering an environment that is safe, orderly, caring and supportive, where our children can achieve their greatest potential.
School’s Role: We, the faculty and staff of Sherman Avenue Elementary will
- Foster a warm, parent-friendly atmosphere.
- Have a positive attitude, showing respect for the child, parents, and school personnel.
- Provide every child with a quality learning environment
- Teach necessary skills and concepts to your child.
- Provide relevant homework assignments.
- Provide information about your child’s progress throughout the year.
- Make learning enjoyable through integrated special activities.
Home’s Role: As a parent or guardian of a Sherman Avenue Elementary student, I will
- Possess a positive attitude about school and help my child develop the same attitude.
- Make sure my child attends school regularly and on time with all school supplies.
- Have high, quality expectations for my child as an individual.
- Show respect and support for my child, the school faculty, and school rules and policies.
- Encourage my child to read at home.
- Monitor my child’s television viewing.
Student’s Role: As a student of Sherman Avenue Elementary, I will
- Attend school regularly and be on time with all supplies.
- Respect and cooperate with other students and adults.
- Work hard to achieve quality in class work, homework, and behavior.
- Complete and turn in all homework assignments.
- Come to school with a good attitude and follow all school rules.
- Keep my school safe and clean.